We understand the legal issues entrepreneurs have to navigate while trying to build a business. Clients who partner with us are provided the security of knowing they have a team of attorneys working to transform their ideas into successful entities. Simmons Perrine Moyer Bergman is a full-service law firm with over 55 attorneys and has the ability to provide the legal framework to help build your dreams.
Determining your needs:
- Choosing Your Entity: We advise regarding business formation and structuring of various types of entities and assist with a variety of tax matters, including tax planning considerations in selecting the form of entity.
- Protecting Your Ideas: We provide advice and draft agreements for all types of intellectual property, including patent and trademark licensing, copyright registration and licensing, confidential disclosure agreements and more.
- Financing Your Business: We assist with private placement offerings, mezzanine financing and venture capital financing. We advise regarding shareholder agreements, shareholder disputes, assisting with stock issuances and transfer and redemption agreements.
- Purchase or Lease of Space: Our real estate attorneys draft, review and negotiate purchase agreements and lease agreements. We examine abstracts and prepare title opinions, and assist with mortgage and loan agreements.
- Creating Your Team: Our employment attorneys counsel clients regarding federal and state employment laws. They draft, review and assist in the implementation of employment policies and employee handbooks, independent contractor agreements, non-compete and non-disclosure agreements, and prepare and review job descriptions.
- Governing Your Business: Our attorneys assist with ongoing maintenance of organizational documents and advise regarding changes in the law and the impact of those changes on the organization. We regularly draft and review customer and vendor contracts to ensure the agreements are transparent and viable.
- Expanding Your Business: Our merger and acquisition (M&A) attorneys have extensive experience in negotiating, structuring and completing mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and other reorganizations.
Related practice areas:
Our Startups and Emerging Companies practice attorneys bring a team approach to solving your needs by collaborating with attorneys in other practice groups, including:
- Labor and Employment, Business Immigration, Antitrust and Trade Regulation, Real Estate, Taxation, Intellectual Property, Banking and Financial Institutions and Wealth Transfer
For more information about our services for startups and emerging companies, contact one of the attorneys listed below directly. Click here to download the Startups and Emerging Companies brochure.