Business Formation and Organization
We advise regarding business formation and structuring of various types of entities. Assist with ongoing maintenance of organizational documents and advise regarding changes in the law and the impact of those changes on the organization.
- Advise public, private or family owned businesses in the formation and structuring of their organization
- Organize new companies such as corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships
- Form and advise non-profit organizations
- Form and advise cooperatives
- Assist with the ongoing maintenance of an organization such as filing reports, drafting minutes of annual meetings and special meetings, preparing notices and proxies, and amending and restating organizational documents
- Advise regarding changes in the law and the impact of those changes on the organization
Business Transactions and Contracts
We advise and draft commercial contracts such as non-disclosure agreements, licenses, leases, intellectual property licenses, independent contractor agreements, distribution agreements, supply agreements, purchase contracts and credit agreements.
Franchising, Licensing and Distribution Law
Advise franchisees on the development of franchise systems, including:
- Drafting franchise agreements and franchise disclosure documents
- Assisting franchisees with franchise registration
- Serving as local counsel for national, regional and local franchisees
- Representing franchisees with evaluating and negotiating franchise agreements
- Drafting and negotiating trademark licenses, distribution agreements and software licenses
- Counseling and protecting trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and patents
Stock and Equity Holders
Advise regarding shareholder agreements, shareholder disputes, assisting with stock issuance and transfer and redemption agreements.
We advise on a variety of tax matters, including: tax planning considerations in selecting the form of entity, tax advice for joint ventures and partnerships, tax planning to design incentive compensation and benefit plans, tax advice and entity formation to restructure business operations in anticipation of a merger or acquisition and advice regarding the tax effects of transactions and sales.
Advise regarding renewable energy development, including wind energy agreements totaling over 2,500 MW of wind power. Assist with and advise regarding wind easements and leases, project financing for ethanol plants and other facilities and assist with due diligence in the development of wind farms and ethanol plants.