115 3rd Street SE, Suite 1200
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401-1266
(319) 896-4030 direct
(319) 366-1917 fax
Matthew J. Hektoen is a member at Simmons Perrine Moyer Bergman engaged primarily in the practice of real estate. Mr. Hektoen advises clients regarding commercial and residential purchase and sale transactions, 1031 Tax-Deferred Exchanges, commercial and residential leases, easements, condominium development, platting issues, condemnation proceedings and other related matters and tax-advantaged financing of residential and commercial developments.
Purchase Transactions. Mr. Hektoen regularly drafts, reviews and negotiates purchase agreements for residential and commercial transactions. He examines abstracts, prepares title opinions and cures title defects. He also prepares and reviews closing documents and handles closings.
Tax Credit Financing. Mr. Hektoen has experience with the syndication of tax credit funds, structuring direct investment of capital and tax credits and incorporating other methods of public and private financing. He is familiar with the Low Income Housing Tax Credit and Historic Tax Credit programs.
Residential and Commercial Development. Mr. Hektoen advises local and regional developers regarding platting, condominiums, easements, homeowners association formation and function and other related issues.
Honors & Awards
- Included in the Best Lawyers in America® list, 2018 & 2019
- Real Estate Law
- Included in Great Plains Super Lawyers Rising Star list, 2014 - 2018
- Ranked in Chambers USA as an Associate to Watch, 2012 - 2014, 2018
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Real Estate & Title Law Section
- Linn County Bar Association
- Johnson County Bar Association
- Linn County Title Standards Committee
- Legislative Leadership Academy