Tax Exempt Financing
Simmons Perrine Moyer Bergman PLC has extensive experience in tax exempt financing. We have acted as bond counsel, borrower counsel, and bank counsel in connection with various types of government and qualified private activity bonds. Our attorneys have worked with national, regional and local qualified conduit borrowers and banks, finance companies and other institutional investors to help creatively structure bond financing to meet the needs of our clients.
- $41 million underwritten offering of Health Facilities Revenue Bonds
- $26 million Midwestern Disaster Area Revenue Bond for construction and leaseback of commercial office complex
- $24.7 million letter of credit enhanced taxable variable rate demand bonds for multi-state truck stop
- $38 million medical office complex financed through TIF funds, New Market Tax Credits and $21 million bonds issued through Iowa Finance Authority
- $44.3 million of Private College Facility Revenue and Refunding Bonds issued by Iowa Higher Education Loan Authority
- $22.5 million of Private College Facility Revenue Bonds issued by Iowa Higher Education Loan Authority
- Refinanced $16 million in tax-exempt revenue bonds for Catholic high school
- $10 million and $12 million in Variable Rate Demand Private College Facility Revenue Bonds issued by Iowa Higher Education Loan Authority for two separate private colleges
- $7.5 million in Industrial Development Revenue Bonds for a manufacturing company
- $5.9 million Qualified 501(c)(3) Private Activity Bond to construct a new medical facility
- $1 million Qualified 501(c)(3) Private Activity Bond to construct a new children’s residential psychiatric treatment facility
Our attorneys bring a team approach to business needs by collaborating with other practice groups including:
Download past presentations and view on-demand videos.
If you have questions regarding tax exempt financing, please email or call us in Cedar Rapids at (319) 366-7641 or in Coralville at (319) 354-1019.