Ryan C. Shellady Attorney
- State of Iowa, 2019
- State of Colorado, 2021
- US District Court
- Southern District of Iowa, 2019
- University of Iowa College of Law, JD, with distinction, 2020
- Dean’s Awards for Academic Excellence – Legal Analysis, Writing, and Research I and II
- Jurisprudence Awards – Child Abuse & Maltreatment, Media Law and Labor Law
- Student Writer, Iowa Law Review, Published in Vol. 104 Issue 3 (2018)
- Bergstrom Child Welfare Law Fellow, University of Michigan Law School Child Advocacy Clinic
- Van Oosterhout Moot Court Competition, 2018-2019
- University of Iowa National Moot Court Team, 2018-2019
- University of Iowa, BA, with high distinction, 2016
- Ethics & Public Policy
- Phi Beta Kappa
Ryan Shellady is a general litigation attorney with a focus in family law. He has a strong background helping families navigate difficult circumstances and is passionate about connecting with his clients while providing quality legal advice.
Prior to joining Simmons Perrine Moyer Bergman PLC in 2022, he served as a domestic relations attorney for a mid-sized family law firm in Colorado. Additional experience came while serving as an associate for a Des Moines firm and as a law clerk at The Family Defense Center in Chicago, IL. Ryan has also volunteered for Kids First Law Clinic, providing workshops for children whose parents are going through divorce.
Ryan was raised in Washington and Johnson Counties. He earned his undergraduate degree, with high distinction, in ethics and public policy from the University of Iowa. He then went on to earn his JD, with distinction, from the University of Iowa College of Law in 2019.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Dean Mason Ladd Inn of Court
News & Events
- SPMB Welcomes Attorney Ryan Shellady, 3/11/22