Our banking and finance attorneys represent institutions and other clients in transactions totaling more than $400 million annually. We have one of the largest banking practices in the state of Iowa with many attorneys serving the industry for more than 25 years.
View our notable transactions:
Our areas of practice:
- Finance and Financial Institutions. We advise lenders and borrowers on commercial transactions including secured and unsecured lending, asset-based and real estate lending, project and acquisition financing, letters of credit and mortgage enforceability opinions.
- Creditors' Rights and Bankruptcy. We represent lenders in connection with troubled loans in proceedings before the United States Bankruptcy Court, as well as cases pending in state court throughout the State of Iowa.
- Tax Exempt Financing. We have experience acting as bond counsel, borrower counsel, and bank counsel in connection with numerous tax-exempt bond transactions.
- Banking Litigation. We represent financial institutions in a variety of litigation matters.
- Corporate Transactions and Business Counseling. We represents buyers and sellers of financial institutions and provides regulatory and compliance advice to banks and their related holding companies. Our attorneys counsel banks and other commercial lenders and borrowers, trustees and trust companies, securities regulatory agencies, and other financial institutions. Members of the practice have also served as in-house counsel in financial institutions, bringing first-hand industry experience to the team.
Other related areas of practice:
- Eric Langston Joins Simmons Perrine Moyer Bergman PLC
- CFPB's New Prepaid Rule Effective as of April 1, 2019
- Lynn Hartman Joins the National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Lynn Hartman to Present at Iowa Bankers Association Peer Group Event
- Employment Background Checks: An Update to Your Forms
- Lynn Hartman to Present at USLAW In-House Counsel Forum
- Congress Rolls Back Dodd-Frank Regulations