115 3rd Street SE, Suite 1200
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401-1266
(319) 896-4007 direct
(319) 366-1917 fax
Thomas D. Wolle is a member of Simmons Perrine Moyer Bergman where he focuses his practice in the areas of workers’ compensation defense and labor and employment law.
Mr. Wolle’s workers’ compensation practice includes representation of large, self-insured employers as well as those employers who procure workers’ compensation insurance from insurers and third-party administrators.
His labor and employment law practice involves representing primarily employers in the broad range of employment-based claims that are frequently asserted in litigated cases brought in administrative agencies and in state and federal court. Mr. Wolle has tried numerous cases to juries and judges and has handled multiple appeals in both state and federal court. His litigation and jury trial experience includes cases involving race discrimination, national origin discrimination, disability discrimination, age discrimination, sex discrimination, sexual harassment, and also cases involving various wrongful termination claims, the FMLA, non-compete/unfair competition, drug testing and contract-based claims. He has also handled numerous matters involving allegations that employees have left employment in violation of restrictive covenants and/or have misappropriated trade secrets of the former employer.
Mr. Wolle devotes a significant portion of his time counseling employers in developing and implementing effective workplace policies and in preventing discriminatory practices from occurring in the workplace. A former instructor of workers’ compensation law and litigation at Kirkwood Community College and Labor Relations at Mount Mercy College, he frequently speaks at seminars on the law areas in which he practices.
Honors & Awards
- Named the Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" in Cedar Rapids, 2018 & 2019
- Labor Law - Management
- Employment Law - Management
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America® list, 2015 - 2019
- Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management
- AV Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Included in Great Plains Super Lawyers list, 2007, 2009 - 2018
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Labor and Employment Law Section
- Litigation Section
- Workers’ Compensation Section
- Linn County Bar Association
- Iowa Association of Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Iowa Defense Counsel
- Fellow, Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers