Michael McDonough Member
- Construction and Design Practice
- Transportation Law
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Defense and Coverage
- Personal Injury
- State of Iowa, 1985
- State of Nebraska, 1981
- Creighton University School of Law, JD, magna cum laude, 1981
- University of Iowa, BA, 1977
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Norman Krivosha, Chief Justice, Supreme Court of Nebraska, 1981-1982
Michael McDonough is a trial attorney with Simmons Perrine Moyer Bergman PLC. His trial experience involves trials in both federal and state courts in approximately 20 different states. The subject matter of his practice is varied and includes commercial and personal injury litigation, as well as insurance law and coverage issues. His trial practice involves insurance agent errors and omissions matters, motor carrier litigation, construction litigation, business torts and fair competition issues, transactional and contract litigation disputes, secured transactions/equipment leasing and medical malpractice. Mr. McDonough also has represented securities dealers in NASD arbitration proceedings.
Mr. McDonough practiced law in Lincoln, Nebraska, until joining Moyer & Bergman in 1985.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Construction Law Section
- Litigation Section
- Linn County Bar Association
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Truck Insurance Defense Association (TIDA)
- USLAW NETWORK, Inc.
- Greater Cedar Rapids Area Homebuilders Association
- Creighton Law Review. Author, Comment on the Law, Safety in the Workplace, 13 Creighton Law Review 955 (1)