Larry G. Gutz Counsel
- State of Iowa, 1964
- State of Wisconsin, 1993
- US Supreme Court
- US Court of Appeals
- Eighth Circuit
- US District Court
- Northern & Southern District of Iowa
- Eastern District of Wisconsin
- University of Iowa College of Law, JD, with distinction, 1964
- University of Iowa, BA, 1962
Larry Gutz is counsel with Simmons Perrine Moyer Bergman PLC where he attends to trial matters of broadly varying character and scope. His principal areas of practice are in family law and commercial litigation, but he also practices extensively in the United States Bankruptcy court system, principally throughout the Midwestern United States, representing institutional and individual creditors.
Admitted to the Bar in 1964, Mr. Gutz first served in the United States Air Force Judge Advocate General Group during the Vietnam War. After practicing privately in the Cedar Rapids area from 1968 through 1976, he joined the firm of Moyer & Bergman LLC in 1977 and served as its managing partner for approximately 18 years.
Honors & Awards
- Rated in Martindale-Hubbell® DistinguishedSM for High Ethical Standards
- Listed for 33 years in the "Best Lawyers in America” published by Woodward-White, Inc.
- Iowa Supreme Court Recognition for Pro Bono Service (Providing services to low-income clients through the Iowa Legal Aid Volunteer Lawyers Project), 2011-2014
- Included in the Best Lawyers in America® list, 2020
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law