Crystal R. Pound Attorney
- State of Iowa, 2016
- University of Iowa College of Law, JD, 2016
- Journal of Corporate Law, Articles Editor
- Equal Justice Foundation, Book Sales Chair
- Black Law Student Association, President
- Iowa Legal Aid
- Organization for Women Law Students and Staff
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Minnesota State University Moorhead, BA, summa cum laude, 2011
- Mass Communications
- Iowa State Public Defender's Office, 2014
Crystal Pound is an attorney with a general practice, including business and commercial litigation, labor and employment law, transportation law and municipal law. She is also experienced in guardianships and conservatorships.
Ms. Pound has always shown a passion for helping others. Upon graduating from the University of Iowa College of Law in 2016, she received the Boyd Service Award for her commitment to community service and the Philip G. Hubbard Human Rights Award.
Ms. Pound has continued her volunteer efforts, most recently serving as president and co-founder of Justice101, a 501(c)(3) organization offering education on Fourth Amendment rights, with particular emphasis on educating students and young persons of color, with the goal of making such persons aware of their Constitutional rights. Ms. Pound also spends time educating law students on career opportunities and regularly serves as a mock trial judge.
Ms. Pound has been recognized by her peers as a Super Lawyers Rising Star for 2018 - 2020.
Honors & Awards
- Included in Great Plains Super Lawyers Rising Stars list, 2018-2020
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division, Community Engagement Subcommittee, Co-Chair
- Linn County Bar Association
- Linn Law Club, Former President
- Johnson County Bar Association
- Iowa Defense Counsel Association
- Justice101, President
- BLSA Street Law, Co-founder
- Mock Trial Judge, 2016-Present
- Iowa City Area Chamber of Commerce Community Leadership Program Graduate, 2018
- Different Alumni, Different Paths, Panelist at the University of Iowa College of Law, 8/6/2020
- Organization for Women Law Students and Staff (OWLSS) Annual Conference, Panelist, 3/3/2020