Amanda M. D'Amico Member
- Business Transactions and Counseling
- Pension Plans, Profit Sharing and Employee Benefits
- Taxation Law
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning and Probate Law
- State of Iowa, 2004
- University of Iowa College of Law, JD, with high distinction, 2004
- University of Iowa, BBA, with highest distinction, 2001
- CPA Exam, 2001, Elijah Watt Sells Award
- CMA Exam, 2001
Amanda D’Amico is an experienced transactional attorney primarily engaged in business and corporate law, taxation, mergers and acquisitions, contracts, estate planning and probate law. She has counseled clients for almost 15 years regarding entity formations, business operations, governance, and tax implications regarding pass-through entities. Ms. D'Amico also works with many individuals and families regarding their estate and succession plans and guides clients through the probate process.
Business Counseling and Transactions. Ms. D’Amico advises businesses of all sizes and their members regarding entity organization, operations, governance and planning, which includes the review, negotiation and drafting of contracts related to mergers, sales and purchases of assets or stock, reorganizations, redemptions and buy-sell agreements.
Taxation. Ms. D’Amico advises individual and business clients regarding the tax aspects of various corporate entity transactions and with respect to the use of pass-through entities (limited liability companies, partnerships and S corporations). In addition, she represents clients regarding issues related to qualified and non-qualified deferred compensation.
Estate Planning, Wills, Trusts, Probate and Wealth Transfer. Ms. D’Amico advises clients regarding gift and estate tax planning, succession planning for family businesses and charitable gifting. In addition, she drafts wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, powers of attorney and estate and gift tax returns and assists clients through the probate process.
Honors & Awards
- Included in the Best Lawyers in America® list, 2021
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Ranked as Up and Coming Lawyer in Chambers USA, 2020
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Included in the Great Plains Super Lawyers Rising Stars list, 2017-2019
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Probate, Trust & Estate Planning Section
- Taxation Law Section
- Linn County Bar Association